To ensure a successful installation, please follow these steps before deploying the SmartShare StraightShaper Satellite in your network.
Note! If your network has more than one physical LAN connection, uses VLAN or if you want to segment your users into user groups, please contact your SmartShare reseller for further guidance.
1. Unpack the unit from the transport packaging
2. Connect the unit to power and turn on the power
3. Connect a PC/laptop via RJ45 cable to the Ext4 port on the SmartShare StraightShaper Satellite. (Please make sure that Wi-Fi is disabled on the PC/Laptop.)
4. Open a web browser and go to the web address http://192.0.2.1/ to open the GUI. (Modern operating systems will automatically start a web browser and go to this web address when the PC/laptop is connected to the Ext4 port)
5. Log into the GUI using: User Name: admin / Password: admin
6. Go to the “Connection” tab and enter the bandwidth values. (Please ask your ISP if you don’t know these values)
a. Download Rate (kbit/s) PIR/MIR value in kbit/s
b. Min. Download Rate (kbit/s) CIR value in kbit/s
c. Upload Rate (kbit/s) PIR/MIR value in kbit/s
d. Min. Upload Rate(kbit/s) CIR value in kbit/s
e. Connection Type IP
(If your internet router has a VPN to your office and/or datacenter, please select Connection Type “IP + VPN”)
7. Press Confirm Changes at the bottom of the screen
8. If you subscribe to the filter, go to the “Advanced” tab, otherwise go to step # 11
9. Scroll down and fill out according to this screen dump:
10. Press Confirm Changes at the bottom of the screen
11. Press Save and Activate New Configuration
12. Power off the SmartShare StraightShaper Satellite
13. Connect the SmartShare StraightShaper Satellite WAN port to the Internet router’s LAN port. (Use the same port on the router that was previously connected to the network switch)
14. Connect the SmartShare StraightShaper Satellite LAN port to the network switch. (Use the same port on the network switch that was previously connected to the Internet router)
15. Power on the SmartShare StraightShaper Satellite
16. The LCD display on the SmartShare StraightShaper Satellite shows the IP address of the unit and the status.
Congratulations! Your SmartShare StraightShaper Satellite is now optimizing your internet connection. Note! If the LCD display shows an error message, please check the configuration – or contact your SmartShare reseller for further guidance.